Reese is fighting it every second, with his mouth twisted down and his head angled away, and drawing the edge of his lower lip in between his upper and lower eye teeth as if that could somehow help him through without shedding tears.
Harold isn’t tall enough to block that out with his shoulders, which aren’t broad enough either - everything that John was would protect him, were he in the opposite position, from having to endure this visibly, but Finch isn’t built to comfort or protect, he never has been.
So he settles for what he can do, which is brace - he tips his head back - it hurts his neck - and puts himself in front of John and reaches up to touch his face on either side with the flats of his palms and looks at him in the eyes and John can gather himself because he has to, in the face of someone else… and it’s not as good as comfort, it’s not as much as Finch wants to be able to do, but it’s what he can do, and it’ll have to be enough.
- daringpeg likes this
- mamahub likes this
- 9digits likes this
- poi-finchs-library reblogged this from shawarma-palace
- poi-finchs-library likes this
- ifitsnotlovethenitsthebomb said:Thank you so much! Out of the two Reese is probably much more likely to shed some tears, after all he’s come pretty close in canon already.
- ifitsnotlovethenitsthebomb likes this
- managerie76 likes this
- managerie76 reblogged this from shawarma-palace
- aquabluejay likes this
- darklysnarky reblogged this from shawarma-palace
- darklysnarky likes this
- bassdropcrinklesnitch likes this
- shawarma-palace posted this